Model Police Station Danewal
In modern world, peace, security and the sense of security are the components to measure the scale of prosperity with in any nation. In order to make the environment of the city safer, the Vehari Police Department has a Model Police Station and also has taken initiatives to establish more Model Police stations to change the typical police culture. These police stations will be model in their performance and shall play an active role to redress the grievances of the people.The building for this police station is designed especially in which substantial arrangements have been made for the process of investigation and police operations.
The environment of police stations is improved through this model police station and there is a considerable change in the professional performance of police which has helped to establish a safe and peaceful society.
Concise information about Model Police Stations is given below:
- A well furnished Reception Room.
- Posting of Duty officer having good personality at the reception room.
- Installation of Computer:
- Maintenance of record of complaints of public.
- Verification reports
- Availability of stationery at the desk of Duty Officer for complainants to write out their grievances.
- Availability of good furniture for visitors to sit on as they wait to be attended to.
- Installation of 3 CCTV Cameras at the lock ups, main entry/exit point and main corridor of the PS.
- Setting up of Recreation Room for the constables.
- Separate lock-ups for men and women
- Hygienic toilets are available.
- Mess/ Recreation room for the Staff.
- 3 Barracks, Rooms of I/Os, Rest Rooms of I/Os and a separate room for mosque are available.
- Creation of Website and of Model PS having full details about the PS, Crime Record of PS, Most Wanted P.Os, pictures of PS Staff etc. Complaints through e-mail.
- Separate Women Counter to deal the matters of women applicants
- To move from a rural model to an urban & futuristic police model
- Identification of major issues
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Improvement in the attitude of police
- To make the police responsive to people
- Courteous behavior
- Call back system
- Electronic receipt and e-tagging
- In case of manual system a card can be issued
- The IO must issue the complainant a receipt
- Progress of investigation to be recorded on the card
- Arrest to be notified to the family
- Merit based recruitments
- Role specific qualitative training
- Community participation
- Crash program for SHOs in public dealing
- Performance based promotion